Lipido-colloid contact layer impregnated with silver salts
PROMOTING HEALING AND PREVENTING INFECTION:
- Broad spectrum antibacterial efficacy, including MRSA, when in contact with the wound bed
- 99.9% removal of biofilm after 1 day (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus)
- Pain-free dressing change
- Pain-free and atraumatic dressing removal
UrgoTul Ag/Silver is an antibacterial, flexible contact layer with TLC-Ag, comprised of:
- A conformable polyester mesh impregnated with fatty substances, hydrocolloid and silver particles.
MODE OF ACTION
When in contact with wound exudate, the TLC-Ag of UrgoTul Ag/Silver gels and creates a moist environment, promoting healing. This ensures non-adherence and pain-free dressing changes. When the silver salt is broken down in contact with the wound exudate, UrgoTul Ag/Silver acts as a reservoir capable of continuously releasing a bactericidal concentration of silver ions while in contact with the wound.