Designed Not To Stick
SILVERCEL™ NON-ADHERENT Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing with EASYLIFT™ Precision Film Technology is a non-woven pad composed of alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and silver coated nylon fibers, with EASYLIFT™ Precision Film Technology; laminated non-adherent wound contact layer.
SILVERCEL™ NON-ADHERENT Dressing provides effective antimicrobial protection, combined with EASYLIFT™ Precision Film Technology, promoting a favorable moist wound-healing environment.
The highly absorbent hydro-alginate component in SILVERCEL™ NON-ADHERENT Dressing allows for effective exudate management and helps maintain a moist wound environment beneficial to wound healing.
- EASYLIFT™ Precision Film Technology allows for:
- Easy and pain-free removal
- Exudate absorption while minimizing adherence to the wound
- Effective protection of the newly formed tissue
- Intact removal minimizing the risks of fibers shedding
SILVERCEL™ NON-ADHERENT Dressing:
- Provides a sustained release of silver ions in vitro for up to 7 days
- Is effective against a broad spectrum of wound pathogens including MSRA, MRSE and VRE (in vitro)
- Is an effective barrier to bacterial penetration (in vitro)
- Able to deal with moderate-to-heavily exuding wounds
- Allows for effective exudate management and helps to maintain a moist wound environment beneficial to wound healing
- The dressing’s structural properties allow for intact removal; minimizing the risks of the dressing adhering to the wound bed* and shedding fibers**
Indications & Applications
-Traumatic and surgical wounds
-Third-degree burns; Patients with a known sensitivity to alginates, ethylene methyl acrylate (EMA) or silver; Surgical implantation; or To control heavy bleeding.
As wound conditions improve and exudate levels decrease, it may be preferable to switch to a more appropriate dressing, or apply to saline moistened wound bed. The dressing performance may be impaired by excess use of petrolatum-based ointments.